Whether you’ve got a hot date tonight or just hanging with your lady friends, show your Valentine’s Day spirit with some sweet hair flowers made from inexpensive spray roses. This is one of my favorite (and cheapest) tricks for romantic updos. Also, Spring is fast approaching, so you can really utilize this method for weddings and other events. Okay, here’s how I make these little gems…
- Run to your local grocery store and grab some spray roses. Right now they’re everywhere because of Valentine’s Day but I see them almost every time I hit the grocery store. I’ve seen them at every Ralphs, Vons, Trader Joes, Whole Foods…etc. They should be quite easy to find. Spray roses are much smaller than regular roses and they typically come potted. The cool thing is, if you keep caring for this $5-10 plant, you’ll have hair roses for days!
- Cut off a few rosebuds from the plant.
- Flip the flower over and trim the stem as short as you can without cutting the base that holds the flower together.
- Grab hair pins– also known as U-pins. They’re different from bobbypins. They don’t squeeze together so they won’t break or smash the spray rose.
- Lightly squeeze the hair pin and pierce it through the middle of the spray rose.
- The bottom should look like this!
- Fold the hair pin back on both sides (as seen in photo 7). That will keep the flowers from slipping out of your hair.
Enjoy your evening, ladies!