Flyaways can be a real buzzkill. You get this gorgeous blowout but then you have a crown of tiny hairs that aren’t quite heavy enough to stay where you want them. Sometimes those hairs can be caused from breakage and sometimes they’re simply new sprouts. Either way there’s a professional trick that will help hide that halo. Here’s how it’s done…
- Make sure you have the nozzle on your blowdryer.
- Pick up a “slice” of hair on one side of your part and put it flat in between your fingers.
- With your fingers parallel to your part, pull the slice of hair upward.
- Now blow those short hairs THROUGH the long hairs that you’re holding. (See image above)
Once the short hairs are pushed through the long hair, the longer heavier hairs will then lay on top of the shorter hairs and weigh them down. If they sneak back through later in the day, they won’t stick straight up.
- Once you’ve tucked the short hairs under, repeat on the other side and the back if neccessary.
- Add a thin veil of hairspray.