POST + PHOTOGRAPHY BY AMY NADINE, GRAPHIC DESIGN BY EUNICE CHUN
This is, hands-down, the easiest and fastest way to take off waterproof liner, liquid liner, longwear shadows and the most stubborn makeup that you can dare to wear! Not to mention, it’s 100% natural, vegan and raw! And a jar lasts a really long time. And you can use it as a hair mask or as a body oil too… Clearly, I can go on and on! My model Skye actually taught me this particular trick last week so I’m new to it but an instant convert because of how easily it literally glides right off. Here’s how:
- Sanitize your fingers with anti-bacterial soap or Purell. Dip two fingers in the coconut oil and scoop out a nickel-sized amount of the coconut oil. It will start to melt pretty quickly with the body temperature of your fingers so don’t dilly dally! Rub those two fingers with the identical two fingers on your other hand.
- Look in the mirror to make a mental photograph then close your eyes and gently rub each eye with the corresponding fingers. You can certainly do one eye at a time, I just get so tired at night that I like to speed up the process!
- Continue gently rubbing the oil over the makeup on both the top and bottom lids. You’ll feel the makeup melt away under your fingers.
- Pick up the facial cloth and wipe everything off on the bottom lid.
- Repeat on the top lid as well. And if you’ve filled in your brow, one sweep will take it off too!