A lot of us who aren’t endowed with big plump lips are intimidated by bright lipstick, fearing it will only make our lips look smaller. But there is a little subtle trick we can do to make them look a little plumper. Because any time we highlight something, we make it appear “raised” out. So never rock a red lip without doing this ever again! Here’s how:
- Your Favorite Concealer — After all the years in this industry trying everything on everyone, I have narrowed it down three favorite concealer sticks in three different price ranges: this one ($$$), this one ($$) and this one ($).
- Your Favorite Bright Lipstick — I used this matte lip pencil above and for the fuller lip shot I used this high pigment lip pencil. As you can see, the NARS one is more matte than the Bite Beauty one and I personally like the little hint of shine.
- An EyeShadow Buffing Brush — Of course the brush I used in this tutorial has just been discontinued (how uncouth!) but try this shading brush instead.
- Dab the buffing brush across the top of the concealer stick to load it up.
- Start at an outer corner and sweep the brush along the perimeter of the lip area towards the cupid’s bow.
- Continue sweeping the brush from the cupid’s bow to the other corner.
- Repeat on the bottom lip perimeter.
- Now buff it in along the top lip perimeter.
- And continue buffing it in along the bottom lip perimeter.
- Finish by filling in the lip area with the bright lip color like you usually would!