TUTORIAL + PHOTOGRAPHY BY AMY NADINE, GRAPHIC DESIGN BY EUNICE CHUN
You might have seen the 1990’s brown lip that I did on Sarah Hyland at the VMA’s last month (if not, check it out here), or Kylie Jenner sporting it around town. It’s a little grunge-y and a lot bold… and kind of a blow off to the sweet and innocent pink lip pop. Honestly, I don’t know why we ever took a break from it and I’m so thrilled it’s on its way back, hopefully this time for good! Here’s how to achieve it and an eye to pair it with:
- Start by lining the perimeter of the lip with the lip liner.
- Continue filling in the entire lip area with the same lip liner.
- Now grab the lipstick and press hard as you apply two coats (this is not a sheer look so don’t be afraid to load it up!).
- Apply the sienna shadow all over the upper lid and crease.
- Apply the same shadow along the bottom lid, exaggerating it so it’s half of the lid, not just the lower lashline.
- Add a coat of mascara and you’re good to go!
If this eye is a little too grunge-y for you, pair it with a more defined eye like I did earlier this month for a Charlotte Russe campaign (see it here).