You may remember my Brush Cleaning 101 Tutorial then my DIY Natural Brush Cleaning Tutorial. Since then, I’ve discovered three more inventions to help us with the brush cleaning process so of course I couldn’t wait to share them with you guys! Cleaning mats give you the perfect surface to swirl your brushes against while you’re cleaning them with soap and water, making it much more effective. A brush hanger is amazing because it hangs the brushes upside down so the water doesn’t creep into the metal holder and break down the glue, causing the bristles to fall out. And a dry cleaner is amazing on the go and when you want to switch shades without having to wait for a wet brush to dry.
THE CLEANSING MATS:
- The Sigma Express Glove
- The Hotrose Makeup Brush Scrubber Finger Glove
- The Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner
THE HANGING TREE:
THE DRY CLEANER:
- Press the brush you want to clean against the black sponge and start to drag it around in a circle.
- Continue swirling it around as you watch the product residue literally come off as it’s grabbed onto the sponge.
- Flip over the sponge to use the other side if you find it’s at its limit. Once the other side is at its limit as well, remove the sponge and wash it with liquid soap and water.