Yes we all have our favorite mascara. Then we have a drawer full of purchases that we love aspects of but not the whole thing. Don’t let them go to waste! And don’t settle for something that you don’t absolutely love either. Just mix and match a brush you love with a formula you love, making your own favorite! Most wands fit in most tubes. A random wand here and there won’t, making this trick not work, but for the most part, you can screw any wand into any tube. Just take a moment to wipe the excess product from the original tube off the bristles by rolling it across a tissue until it rolls clear.
Below are three random combinations from my six current personal favorite mascaras. They’re already perfect to me as is, but it’s fun to play around and make new variations of them. Think about it… you can take your favorite expensive department store mascara and when it has run out, keep the wand and use it with a drug store brand. Just start playing around bravely!
- Maybelline Full ‘N Soft Mascara (on sale!) — this is one of my client Lauren Conrad’s all-time favorite mascara because the brush makes lashes soft and pet-able.
- Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara — this is one of my client Brittany Snow’s favorite mascaras because the formula is incredibly intense.
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara — This wand curls the lashes so you don’t need a lash curler.
- Giorgio Armani Black Ecstacy Mascara — This formula mimics what lashes look like when they’re wet.
- Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes 5 Star Mascara — Charlotte spent years conceptualizing and developing a mascara that she could put her name on. The formula is ultra glossy and the brush really separates the lashes.
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara (also on sale!) — You’ve never experienced a flexible brush like this one that bends as you press it against the lashes and the formula really thickens and coats each lash.