We love a good sparkle around here. We recently saw THIS on one of our favorite sites for fancy wedding goods. Although the one that they show is gorgeous, when we posted it on our instagram many of you mentioned that it was way out of your price range. We thought it would be fun to create our own version of the stunning strand DIY style and though it doesn’t come anywhere close to how beautiful the one on the website is, it definitely works for a bride working on a budget. Also, could be an amazing gift for your bridesmaids! Here’s how we made our own…
- You’ll need to get 28 gauge wire, crystal drops, small jump rings, small plyers + wire cutters. All of these were purchased at a bead store but you can likely find them at the craft store.
- Necklace chain. I chose something that had different sized loops. This was also purchased at the bead store for $7 per foot– I got 2 feet and it worked pretty well. Only ended cutting off about 2″ of the necklace chain at the end.
- Cut a 1 or 2″ piece of wire. Slide a crystal and a jump ring onto the wire.
- Twist together tightly.
- Cut off the excess wire.
- Using plyers, open the jump ring. Add the crystal to your necklace.
- Close the jump ring.
- Add them about 1 or 1.5″ apart.
Keep going! You can do just one section with the crystals or you can go all the way around. Secure to your CHIGNON using bobbypins through the loops on each end. Good luck and tag us in your photo on instagram @thebeautydept if you do this project! xo