Matte lipstick has been huge for a few years now. But there’s something we can do to make it a little more alive! I promise you will still enjoy the effect of a matte lip. But there will be more life to it if you do this:
- Your Favorite Lipstick — I used my favorite nude lipstick ($$) in Speak Your Mind and I also love this budget-friendly lipstick ($) in Nile Nude.
- A Matching Lip Liner — I used this liner ($$) in Nude because it’s a staple in my kit being such a warm pinky nude. This one ($) is my favorite budget-friendly nude lip liner (shade is Ceramic).
- A Matching Lip Gloss or Clear Gloss — I used this nude lip gloss ($$) in Almost Nude but you can also try this epic nude gloss ($) in Slip or this iconic clear gloss ($$).
- You can skip this step but I’m a big fan of a lined lip so I start by lining the perimeter with the lip pencil.
- Next fill in the lip area with the matching lipstick.
- Now here’s the trick: apply the lip gloss to the center of the bottom lip. It instantly adds volume and dimension with its little hint of shine. And don’t worry if you rub your lips together and it gets onto the middle of the top lip because that’s pretty too!