Sometimes it’s the little things in life that are the sweetest…literally! Today’s beauty bites may be mini, but the benefits definitely aren’t. You may have seen these little frozen Greek yogurt dots via Pinterest, but you won’t find any artificial food dyes here! We’ve used a combination of Greek yogurt and natural fruit purees for the fun color + beauty benefits. This edible confetti is almost too cute to eat…almost!
These cuties are so easy to make and essentially only contain two ingredients! Greek yogurt mixed with the fruit puree of your choice. We chose to use mango, raspberry, and blackberry purees which make a pretty palette of yellow, pink and purple.
1. Put your fruit into a blender and blend until you have a smooth puree. (We used 1 cup of each individual fruit which yields about 1/2 cup of puree)
2. Mix the puree into 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt with your sweetener of choice (we used natural stevia).
3. Place your yogurt mixture into plastic zip bags and snip off one of the corners to create a DIY piping bag.
4. Pipe little dots of yogurt onto a sheet tray lined with non-stick parchment paper.
5. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
Besides just going hand-to-mouth with these tiny treats, you can also keep them in the freezer to toss in smoothies, top a fruit salad or even put in cereal!
So, let’s have a chat about the ingredients in this fun summer snack…
It’s no secret that Greek yogurt is SO good for you, and it’s also no secret that we LOVE finding ways to incorporate it into our regular diet. In addition to protein and calcium, it also has high levels of zinc which helps the body in renewing cells. Quick cell regeneration is great for your skin and hair! Mangos have more going for them then their gorgeous looks. They are a rich source of beta carotene (vitamin A), which is a strong antioxidant. Apart from the rejuvenation effect, vitamin A also has dramatic effects on acne and is a crucial nutrient for your skin. Speaking of skin, raspberries and blackberries are super high in antioxidants which help fight free radicals and premature aging. Amazing!
We foresee some pretty Instagram moments with this edible confetti! Be sure to tag us in your pics! @thebeautydept