We’ve all seen the streams of photos on pinterest & instragram of girls showing off their epic bracelet layerings and what can we say? It truly is an art form! Below is a handy dandy guide from our lovely Jaclyn Johnson from Some Notes On Napkins on how to create a super fun arm party of your own! There are a few key components to getting a complimentary combo of metal, color + swagger on your wrist: READ MORE…
We here at TBD are big supporters of Earth Day on April 22nd and try to do as much as we can to leave this planet as beautiful as we found it. This year we wanted to do something special for our friends around the world who don’t have access to clean water, because every 20 seconds a child dies from a water-related disease. So we collaborated with Tarte, one of our favorite green + eco-friendly cosmetic lines, to create a limited edition collection of our favorite four products and for every kit sold, Tarte will donate 20% of the proceeds to winetowater.org. The organization helps bring clean water to 9 countries that desperately need it through building wells, filters and irrigation systems. We couldn’t be more thrilled! Each Down to Earth Kit comes in an eco-chic quilted bag and includes:
- a full size LipSurgence™ lip tint in enchanted (the prettiest rose shade that Amy Nadine even wore on her wedding day!)
- a gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara (will absolutely become your favorite mascara)
- an Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in blissful (a warm peach that gives every skin tone a glowing flush)
- multiplEYE™ lash-enhancing liquid liner (formulated with a lash-growing serum so every time you trace it along your lash line, you’re helping grow lashes!)
We can’t think of much better than treating your face to synthetic-free gorgeousness while donating to a great charity! Click here to grab your limited-edition Down To Earth Kit while supplies last and have a wonderful Earth Day!
Retails for $49.00 (a $90 value if 4 items purchased separately). 20% of proceeds donated to winetowater.org.
**Tarte has added a contest to give a kit to one lucky reader! Click here by April 15, 2012 at 11:59pm EST and good luck! CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED, and the lucky winner is… Jackie S. from Essex Junction, VT! Congrats Jackie!
There aren’t enough bows in this world if you ask me and thanks to these little gems being a girly-girl just got a whole lot easier! Remember the top photo from when Lauren wore her hair in a bow on Jimmy Kimmel? It was a really fun hair style to create, but it takes a long time to get the hair formed into a perfect bow shape, especially if you have thick hair like she does. Many of you asked if there was a quick way to get the look. Well, wish granted! These bows were made to clip right in. You can put your hair half up, in a ponytail or in a bun and finalize the look with a hair bow in your color. I think these are pretty amazing… and may or may not have just ordered one of each color for my kit.
Last week we determined a coral pout is a must when getting your festival on. This week we’re focusing on eyes and the underlying theme is LONGWEAR. Makeup has come a long way in the last few years and new formulas last for hours under the harshest partying conditions. Amen! Your look should look effortless and undone, so pass on powder shadow and go for one of these perfect festival looks:
1. Classic liquid liner (wing optional). Simple + classic choice. Our favorite is
Mark Get in Line Waterproof Liquid Liner in Painted Black because it won’t move
until you take it off. To perfect the shape, watch our lovely Lauren Conrad demonstrate exactly how in our Get Catty video tutorial.
2. Cream longwear shadow all over the lids and lashlines for instant drama. Our favorite is Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Steel.
3. Longwear liner on top + bottom lashlines. Effortless and chic option that says you’re there for the bands but your eyes are defined. Our favorite is MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes in Star Black. I had the privilege of doing Roxane Mesquida’s makeup in this shot for the Jerome C. Rousseau S/S 12 campaign out in Joshua Tree and remember thinking that day it would be the perfect makeup for Coachella!
4. Inner rimmed eyes. Yes rimming your inner water line makes them appear a little smaller, but what you give up in size you gain in piercing power and mystery. While kohl and kajal formulas are standard, switch to a longwear liner so it lasts. Our favorite is
NARS Larger Than Life Longwear Liner in Via Veneto.
Which is your favorite?