POST BY AMY NADINE, GRAPHIC DESIGN BY EUNICE CHUN
Every November I start sifting through all of the holiday gift sets. Obviously, it’s one of my most favorite pastimes! Then I narrow it down to the best of the best and start my holiday shopping. Naturally as I’m curating, I always find a couple of gems that find a home in my vanity no matter how hard I try to gift them!! Anyway, let me be your Santa’s helper and share my favorites:
FOR YOUR SISTER: Not sure if Charlotte knew these were my three favorite shades, but I squealed when I got my hands on (1) this mini set of lipsticks in Penelope Pink, Bitch Perfect and So Marilyn, and so will your sister! She’ll also love (2) this gorgeous set of ten mini polishes and its adorable presentation if she’s especially girlie.
FOR YOUR BESTIE: She will love (1) this Tarteist contour palette because it literally is a paint-by-numbers slenderizing genius and has shades for all skin tones. She will also die for (2) this scrumptious, high pigment, high gloss set in the prettiest shades ever.
FOR YOUR MOTHER: If your mom is anything like my mom, she is a fanatic about hand cream. So I know she will love (1) this limited set of 5 greatest hits that she can keep all over the house, in the car and in her handbag! Also, your mom probably doesn’t know about (2) this magic in a bottle and will forever thank you for introducing her to it. You can get the smaller one and she can buy the bigger one for herself when she becomes a convert. It keeps her skin ultra-hydrated and she’ll get complimented all day long that she’s glowing. Just be prepared to want to borrow it constantly!
FOR YOURSELF: It’s hard to believe that Viktor & Rolf’s Flowerbomb came on the scene ten years ago and the best way to celebrate is with (1) this truly-special piece-of-art limited edition bottle. It makes your bathroom so feminine and smells divine. And (2) this Parisian-inspired limited edition palette is just too hard to not keep for yourself! It has 18 of my favorite eye shadows, Better Than Sex mascara, my favorite eye shadow primer, a pretty pink longwear liquified lipstick, two bronzers, a blush and a highlighter for a ridiculously-low price.
So now that you know mine, what are yours? Please share any gift sets or limited edition palettes or cult favorites in the comments below!
hair/photo/post: kristin ess
My long-time client, Victoria, recently got married in Los Angeles and her wedding was stunning!! She wanted to wear her hair “mostly down” but “a little pulled back”. The photo up top is what we created. Since posting it on my instagram, I have gotten so many inquiries about what size iron I used and what product so I thought I would break it down for you guys! I also think this will be really useful for those of you who are getting married in the winter since bridal hair isn’t a popular topic during winter months… Here’s what I did an what I used!
- I prepped Victoria’s wet/towel dried hair with THIS MOUSSE. It’s great for volume and hold but it’s not sticky or crunchy. It helps me get a fuller more voluminous blowout for my foundation. An amazing, more affordable alternative is THIS!
- I didn’t use a round brush except around the front hairline. I just smoothed through with a blowdryer and my fingers.
- Next I sprayed a little bit of THIS HEAT PROTECTANT before going in with a hot iron.
- To create those waves, I used my 1 1/4″ MARCEL IRON. I wrapped the curls around the barrel instead of clamping them. If you’re not good with a marcel, try this 1 1/4″ CONICAL WAND instead! It’s very user friendly and I love it!
- Shake a little TEXTURE POWDER into the root once the hair is waved. This will help with your twist!
- Now you can spray a little bit of your favorite LIGHT HOLD HAIRSPRAY all over.
- Take a piece from each side and twist back, making them meet in the back/center. Slide your bobbypins in LIKE THIS to hide them.
- Give your hair one last spritz of light holding hairspray and you’re good to go.
If moisture in the air is a factor for you (depending on where you’re getting hitched!) you can finish the look with an ANTI-HUMECTANT spray that will repel all moisture. I highly recommend it if your hair tends to get frizzy with moisture.
This is just a breakdown on what I used to get this look, but if you want an actual tutorial for this with steps you just let me know in the comments and I’ll getcha one!
With the holiday rush, we’re currently obsessed with anything that cuts down our personal glam time. These LONG METALLIC COMBS are extra helpful! I picked up two of these stunners while out shopping the other day and am in LOVE! They’re so pretty in the back of the head, adding just the right amount of subtle sparkle. They’re so easy to use and amazing for girls on the go! These ones come in gold and silver and we’re feelin’ both!
Love the way it looks over a messy bun as well! Better snag one of these for a quick holiday party look!
I prefer to add a couple quick bobby pins to secure the comb in place and avoid any sliding, but that’s up to you!
photos + post: kristin ess