The only real secret to braiding is patience. And while it can take some serious time to really perfect “the plait” (as our friends from across the pond like to call it), there is one thing that I always depend on when doing braided hair styles on my girls… Redken Rough Paste. The words paste + pomade may seem a lil’ sketch at first, but this has been my secret weapon in the war on clean hair for years. It’s water-soluable, oil-free, inexpensive and one tube will last you a good year or so. Before braiding, if my client’s hair is freshly washed + blown dried it’s lovely, but it’s a bit too soft, slippery + hard to control. And while we know braids are always easier to do on hair that’s a little dirty, it’s never as shiny. Here’s how I solve that problem…
If Adele doesn’t make you want to get your teasing brushes out then I don’t know who does. She’s become such an inspiration in the beauty industry and we think she’s doing a great job at keeping her looks fresh + new. Lately her hair has reached perfectly epic heights. So let’s discuss a few things that are vital for volume.
Kate Bosworth, one of Amy Nadine’s favorite faces (and clients) knows a thing or two about coordinating beauty with jewelry. As the co-founder of JewelMint, along with her stylist Cher Coulter, she has access to all the sparkly goods! Here we’ve listed a few of the best tips + tricks for getting the most out a new pair of earrings.
In the spirit of yesterday’s bangs post, I’ve decided to do a little beauty giveaway with some of my favorites. I’m passing out 5 of these “Big Bang” bags to randomly selected people who like this post on our FACEBOOK PAGE. Inside you will find the essentials for any type of bangs:
- Blotting papers- absorbs the oils that get into your bangs and cause unwanted separation.
- Japanese bobby pins in your color- these are the strongest bobby pins you’ll ever use! They’re my favorite and they never slip!
- My favorite teal comb- one swipe with the fine side of this comb while on the go, and your bangs are perfection!
- Paddle clips- holds your bangs out of your face while you do your makeup, but won’t leave a crease!
- Ponytail holders- because bangs look really good with a ballerina bun, fun bun or ponytail.
- Travel size dry shampoo- a mandatory purse product for anyone with bangs. Remember the story on dry shampoo?
(Note: THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE.)