DIY MOISTURIZING MATTE LIP STAIN
I love a good lip stain. I especially love a longwear liquid lipstick. But if I had one small complaint, it would be that they’re all a little drying. But a lovely artist at the MAC store on Robertson Boulevard here in LA taught me this trick! If you add a drop of this specific essential oil to it, it will make it less drying without losing much of the sustainability! I was skeptical at first but he was right! Here’s how:
- A Matte Lip Stain or Longwear Lip Color — I used my favorite matte lip stain ($$) in Riot on Magali below and also loooove this one ($$$) and this one ($).
- This Essential Oil — This one ($$) used above can be mixed not only with lip stains but with foundations, concealer, cream blush, liquid highlighters and any lip product. It’s my obsession these days on all of my girls. Be careful with other essential oils as they are all different and not all good for this purpose.
- Your Favorite Lip Brush — I prefer a square-tip lip brush ($$) but you can use whatever you love the best.
- A Blending Station ($$)
- Press the lip wand against the blending station to release the product. You can also do this in the palm of your hand if you need to. Repeat two more times so you have a good amount.
- Add one drop of the essential oil.
- Mix the two together with the lip brush.
- Start filling in the upper lip.
- Continue filling in the entire lip area.