If you’re a little tired of the same old same old… try this little gem! It’s daring yet gorgeous and perfect for your trendsetting self… not to mention really pretty on all skin tones! Here’s how:
- Gold Glittery Shadow — I used Stila Magnificent Metals Eye Duo in Comex because it’s the perfect consistency for glitter that I’ve ever come across as there is no fall out. Revisit my Get Sequined Tutorial to see it used all over the upper lid.
- Contour Brush — If you haven’t picked up Chanel’s Contour Brush yet, get ready for your world to change! It’s this thin little shadow brush that you can use to make a perfect cut crease or like I did above to press the glittery shadow onto the skin.
- Mascara — Wait until you get your hands on Lancome’s new Grandiose Mascara! The swan neck curls and flares out your lashes while the bristles perfectly separate them. I haven’t stopped using it since!
- Pair it with any Lip Color — I used Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Aventure on Morgan above because it’s a gorgeous hybrid between a liquid lipstick and a gloss.
- Start with any matte nude shadow all over the lid. Don’t use a shimmer/pearlized finish as it will compete with the gold. It has to be matte!
- Dip the brush into the setting lotion (or simply dampen it with water) and tap it against the gold glitter to load it lightly. Gently press it along the inner half of the lower lid as demonstrated above. Just press and stamp it incrementally as you move along the lash line. Don’t sweep it!
- Skip eyeliner (another element that would take away attention from the gold goodness) but don’t skip on mascara! Two quick coats will do.
If you try it, please tag us on Instagram or Tweet us!
Tags: amy nadine, amy nadine makeup, beauty, blog, color, easy, eye, Eyeshadow, fall, fashion, festive, fun, glitter, gold, how to, lash line, make up, makeup, party, pretty, runway, shadow, shimmer, summer, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, trend, trendsetter, tutorial