Now that you’ve all nailed the cat eye, why not try lining your liner?
- Your Favorite Colored Pencil: Between Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Colour Pencils and Stila Smudge Sticks, you pretty much have your choice of every color in the rainbow! If you don’t go with one of those, just make sure yours is long-wear so it doesn’t smear, run or disappear.
- Your Favorite Colored Liquid Liner: The best ones that I’ve found are Lime Crime Uniliners and MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liners because they’re incredibly pigmented. The Uniliners have a fine brush while the Aqua Liners have more of a felt tip.
LIQUID + LIQUID:
- Line the lash line with the liquid liner (start at the inside corner and sweep the brush to the outside corner). Let it dry!
- Line directly above it with the other liquid liner color. If you accidentally go over the bottom color, don’t sweat it. Let it dry then go back along the bottom line with the first color.
PENCIL (TOP) + LIQUID (BOTTOM):
- Start with the pencil and trace it along the lashline. Then trace above it (with the same pencil) so you’ve made it much thicker. Technically, try to make it twice as thick because you’re about to go back and half it.
- Now trace the liquid liner along the lashline so it’s half the width of the thick line you just drew with the pencil.
PENCIL + PENCIL:
You can do either method above. I prefer to line the bottom color first and then switch colors and draw the top color above it, but you can draw a thick line with the top color then draw a thinner line along the bottom half of it. **Tip: Perfect the line with an angled liner brush to smooth it out before it sets!