The best way to transition from Spring into Summer is with a Pastel Eye! It’s light and airy and really compliments the pastel fashion of the S/S14 runways. There are many ways you can pull this off and today I’ve narrowed it down to three: lashline only, upper lid or both lids. Of course you can swap any of the colors with any of the applications. Or choose a pale green or another pastel that you love! Here’s how to do each:
- Your Favorite Pastel Liquid Liner: I used MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liner in Diamond Pearly Pink on Lacy above because in the summertime, we have to switch to waterproof!
- Your Favorite Pastel Eye Shadow: I used Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in Brash Blue in Lapis and Napoleon Perdis Color Disc Eyeshadow in Lilac Maniac
- Trace the liquid liner along the lashline from the inner corner to the outer corner.
- Go back over it (I had to a couple of times) to make it more intense and less sheer.
UPPER LID ONLY:
- Apply the shadow all over the lid and crease with a shadow brush.
- Repeat if you need more intensity.
UPPER & LOWER LIDS:
- Apply the shadow all over the lid and crease of the upper lid with a shadow brush.
- Sweep the same shadow along the lower lashline as well.
Please tag us if you try one of these or a pastel of your own!
Tags: amy nadine, amy nadine makeup, baby blue, beauty, blog, blue, brush, color, easy, eye, eyeliner, Eyeshadow, fashion, fun, how to, lilac, liner, liquid liner, make up, makeup, pale pink, pastel, pastels, pink, pretty, purple, shadow, soft, spring, summer, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, trend, tutorial, violet