Every year I try to tell you that an orange lip is not only totally wearable, but it’s a must at music festivals! Why you ask? Because it adds a bit of sophistication to the bohemian cutoffs, gladiator sandals, fringe and aviator shades in a way that is bold and gorgeous (and still complementary). So today, I’m breaking it down for you in a protocol that will last all day & night and never lose a kilowatt of brightness. Here’s how:
- A Coral Lip Pencil — I used MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Lip Pencil in Coral on our model Skye above because it’s waterproof which is great for any… well, let’s just say, music festival behavior!
- A Coral Lip Stain — I used Lime Crime Velvetine Liquid Lipstick in Suedeberry because it’s truly one of a kind. It’s a stain but not thin or see-through like a stain. It looks like its name: a liquid lipstick that doesn’t move or kiss off. I used it on Emmy Rossum on the red carpet last year and she didn’t have to re-apply it once throughout the night.
- An Orange Opaque Pigment — I used MAC Lipmix in Orange because it too is one of a kind! It’s a brightly-pigmented matte cream that is a real showstopper. It’s not a stain so it will kiss off, but it lasts a long time like a stain.
- Start by lining the lip with the pencil. I always think it’s easiest to start at the cupid’s bow, drawing an “M” like a bow, then lining the bottom lip as well.
- Fill in the entire lip area with the stain. You can use the applicator wand or for more precision, use a lip brush. Use a pointed Q-tip or your finger to fix any edges before it dries.
- You can certainly leave it at that stage for a gorgeous coral. But if you really want to turn heads, add the pigment cream with a lip brush.
Pair it with a navy liner and peach cheek (revisit the tutorial here) and make lots of memories!Tags: amy nadine, amy nadine makeup, beauty, blog, bright, coachella, color, coral, easy, festival, how to, lilith fair, liner, lip, lipstick, make up, makeup, music, orange, pretty, style, summer, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, tip, tips, trend, tutorial, woodstock