HIIIIII! We’re back with another updo for all you lovelies with super thick curly hair. According to your emails, it’s hard to source cute updos for thick curly hair but we have to put an end to that! Holiday parties are coming up quick and you might want to sport this! It’s such a simple + quick updo. It’s only 7 steps and depending on how you accessorize you can dress it up or keep it cool. Here we go!
You will need: 2 clear elastics or 2 thin ponytail holders that match your hair color, 5-7 large bobby pins, and a cute accessory of your choice!
- Start by putting your hair half up. I like to imagine where a headband would go and section from ear to ear. Tie it off with your elastic.
- Begin twisting the hair from your half-pony forward toward your face while pulling it toward the left (if that’s confusing, see image 2!) Gather hair as you go and begin creating the top section of your S shape.
- Gather more and more hair as you go and keep twisting. While working on the middle section, only take hair from the middle and sides of your head. Save the bottom hair (near the nape of your neck) for the bottom part of the S.
- Pin as you’re going along to make the updo as secure as possible.
- For the bottom section, gather the rest of the hair and create a large twist all the way down. Add another thin elastic for extra security.
- Now swoop that large twisted section under the rest, then pin it near the left ear. Tuck and remaining pieces (aka: the tail of your twist) into the updo to hide them.
- Accessorize with something sparkly and cute. This clip is from Anthropologie last year, but we did a DIY version of it right HERE!
Happy Holidays, curly girls!!Tags: christmas party hair, curly hair ideas, curly hair updo, curly hair updos, curly hairstyles, hannukah, hannukah hair ideas, hannukah party hair, holiday hair 2013, holiday hair ideas 2013, kristin ess, kristin ess hair, naturally curly girls, naturally curly hair, naturally curly hair updos, naturallycurly, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, thick hair updo, thick hair updos, type 3, type 3b, updos for holiday parties