Gone are the days where stealing kisses and his over-sized sweatshirt mark the extent of your thievery; it’s time to raid his stash. Look, we’re not asking you to take up a sudden interest in golf or put on a tie; just hear us out. While we love girly frills, pink packaging, and an over-abundance of floral essence; sometimes you just want a product that cuts to the chase and gets the job done…and done well. Enter a slew of hidden gems that you won’t find in our “section” of the store. Whether you sift through his medicine cabinet or decide to go bro-centric on your next shopping trip, we’ve mapped out some of our favorite “boys only” bits that are definitely worth adding to your arsenal.
1. NO7 MEN’S ENERGIZING HAIR AND BODY WASH: Ever wonder how guys can pull off a 5 minute shower? It’s because of products like this…and If you’re a pixie haired-pretty, this one’s got you covered from head to toe. Formulated as a shampoo, conditioner and body wash; this bad boy is a multi-tasker! So, if you haven’t the time to wash, rinse, and condition; this is a great way to streamline your shower time.
2. ACQUA DI PARMA EAU DE COLONE: Ok, technically this fragrance is unisex (sharing is caring), but Acqua di Parma definitely deserves an honorable mention. The classic cologne is a perfect blend of Sicilian citrus fruits, lavender and rosemary — a season-less scent that’s a nice change of pace from the usual sticky sweet spritzes.
3. CLINIQUE’S M PROTECT SPF 21 DAILY HYDRATION: Think about it: not only does a man’s face have to endure the same conditions as a woman’s (harsh sun, blistering cold winds, cheek kisses), but also the added element of regular shaves. Because of that, a lot of moisturizers for men are great for those with sensitive skin — plus, added SPF is something we can all get on board with.
4. TOM FORD NEROLI PORTOFINO BATH SOAP: Just because you are venturing into the men’s side of the spectrum doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice luxury. Many thanks to you, Tom Ford. Leave it to the designer to create a bath soap that is not only practical, but down-right sensual. You definitely won’t oppose the deep amber undertones when it comes time to suds up!
5. KEIHL’S EYE ALERT: Though you and your beau may take your coffee differently, you both can agree on one thing: caffeine is key. So, snag this energizing eye treatment that features vitamins and caffeine — a.k.a. essential ingredients that will do you a solid by reducing puffiness and dark circles.
6. SHAVEWORKS COOL FIX: Razor burn, bumps, ingrown hairs, redness…all problems that both sexes have to put up with. This soothing blue gel can alleviate all your shaving and waxing woes. And if its gentle enough for the face, then its gentle enough for your…ahem…bikini line.
7. GILLETTE MACH 3 TURBO: When it comes to razors, the men’s offering sets the bar. If something is designed to closely shave the complicated curves of the face, imagine what it can do for your stems! This one has a pivoting blade to help you get those stubborn spots like ankles and behind the knee. Well played, Gillette.
Ever swipe anything from your man’s stash? Have a favorite product from the boys section? We want to know in the comments!
Tags: Aqua DiParma, beauty, boys, Clinique, Cool Fix, Gillette, Kiehls, Neroli Portofino, No7, pamper, skin, thebeautydepartment, tips, tom ford, unisex