GEOMETRIC SIXTIES LINER
The holidays are the perfect time to take chances with your makeup! It’s the time you brave sequined dresses and rhinestoned crowns, why not use that bravery to try a new fun makeup look as well (beyond a red lip)? In the 1960’s, women rocked geometric eyeliner at the office! I say at least rock it at your office holiday party! Here’s how, holiday edition:
- Dark Green Liner — I used Tarte EmphasEYES Liner but just found out it’s discontinued. But fret not! Tarte Skinny SmolderEYES Waterproof Liner in Emerald is even better because it won’t fade. I chose dark green to do something different and make it more holiday-themed, but you can do it in any color!
- Frost Cream Shadow Stick — I used Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Sugar Frost. If you want a refresher in how to apply it, revisit my Winter Frost Tutorial.
- After applying the shadow stick all over the lid, sweep the liner along the lashline starting at the inner corner to the outer corner, then wing it up towards the end of your brow but ending at your creaseline. Then continue from that point back towards your nose along the crease, ending back in the inside corner where you started.
- Go back over the corner and fill in the inside of the wing as shown above, focusing on creating a gradual thickness in the creaseline. I promise it’s easier than it sounds! Then trace the liner along the lower lashline as well.
- Finish with a coat of mascara.
I would personally pair it with a nude lip and a light peach cheek but you know I always encourage you to do what feel like that night! For another fun Sixties look, revisit this Red Carpet Breakdown I did earlier this year on Rachel Bilson.