There’s nothing worse than doing an acne treatment regime only to undo it with the wrong makeup. Through the years, I’ve learned to be very sensitive with my clients’ skin. I used to think “oh I just do their makeup on the red carpet a couple times a month, it can’t do any damage!” but then I remembered that these lovely girls get their makeup done at 5am five times a week for their TV shows and their skin is going through the ringer and I should be more cautious! So these have become our favorites to keep their skin clear and gorgeous. Some of these products made it into my kit through trial and error while others were demanded by my clients who know that they work and won’t take any chances! Hope they help you too. Please share your favorites in the comments below as well!
- Laura Mercier Oil-Free Primer — As you learned this week, I’m totally for some oils when it comes to battling acne. But I’m careful when it comes to primer and I don’t think that’s the place for oil. This one is the only one my more skin-conscious clients trust me with.
- Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation — I love it because it really covers redness and is medicated to clear up existing acne and not cause future breakouts.
- E.L.F. Acne Fighting Foundation — It’s awesome not only for its affordability but also because it contains salicylic acid, tea tree, camphor and aloe to fight and soothe acne.
- Dr. Brandt BB Matte Cream with Shinerase — It’s an amazing BB Cream because not only does it give great coverage but it also mattifies shine. Unfortunately it only comes in two shades.
- Murad Acne Treatment Concealer — Spot conceal with it before foundation so it can treat the blemish while it covers it. Then apply more if you need to after foundation.
- Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder — If your skin is particularly oily, try switching to this mineral powder foundation. I’ve found you don’t have to reapply this one and it doesn’t irritate or cause more breakouts.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Microfinish HD Blush — I prefer cream blush to powder blush and this one was brought to me by a client on a vampire show with the worst hours ever as the only one she’ll let near her cheeks. If you have a powder one that you love for acne-prone skin, please share it in the comments below!
- Boscia Clear Complexion Blotting Linens — I love them because they’re made from tree fibers and infused with natural acne-fighting ingredients. I use them on set to blot away oil and shine without having to use powder.
- Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 45 — A lot of sunscreens are greasy; but we need protection! This is great for oily skin to wear over foundation or alone.