PRETTY PARTY EYE
With Homecoming just around the corner, here’s a gorgeous makeup look to get you inspired! And for those of us who’ve already graduated, try this look on your next night out! It’s very feminine and looks especially gorgeous with green and hazel eyes because purple is the complimentary color of green (revisit my Green Eye Shadow Focus Guide and Hazel Eye Shadow Focus Guide) and looks stunning on brown eyes as it brings out any green or yellow flecks in the brown (revisit my Brown Eye Shadow Focus Guide for more ideas). Those of us with blue eyes can definitely rock it too (I have!) but it won’t pop as much (revisit my Blue Eye Shadow Focus Guide for other inspiration). Then pair it with a peach cheek & lip and an LBD like I did on Brook Power above! Here’s how:
- Lilac Shadow Palette — I used Lancôme Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Orchid Splendor because I love the separate matte and shimmer versions of lilacs (so many palettes out there are either all matte or all shimmer/metallic). You could also try Revlon PhotoReady Shadow Palette in Watercolors, developed by one of my peers, makeup artist Gucci Westman.
- Black Gel Liner — I used Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Mauve, a softer version to black with hints of mauve that glides on smoothly.
- Your Favorite Mascara — I used Covergirl Exacts Eyelights Mascara in Black Pearl because it’s designed to brighten brown eyes and make them come to life! Yes, they have shades for other eye colors too!
- Sweep the matte lilac shadow all over the lid and crease.
- Trace the same shade along the lower lashline.
- Press the shimmer lilac shadow on the center of the upper lid a couple times to make it pop.
- Using an angled liner brush, sweep the gel liner across the upper lashline and wing it up and out for a little flick.
- Line the lower lashline with the same liner and brush, making it thicker as you work from the inner corner to the outer corner (remember, to make a line thicker you simply press harder!).
- Apply a couple coats of mascara to the top and bottom lashes.