This is for those of you who are curious about going more natural or organic. I’m not claiming to be an expert; I’m just like you, wading through unchartered waters and sifting through the countless new products that keep popping up in this new and growing field. I’ll admit though that I have a slight advantage because I get a box on my doorstep every week from companies wanting me to try theirs! So after a year of trying them out on myself and on my clients, I’m bringing you my favorite natural cleanser, mask, blemish lotion, serum, moisturizing balm, foundation and mineral BB cream! They range in prices ($14.99 for the serum to $130 for the repairing balm) making them a little more expensive than what we’re used to paying for each, but that’s only because they use actual flowers, herbs, minerals and plants instead of less expensive chemicals. So one way to look at it is we’re letting our dollar be our voice… the more natural products sell in the marketplace, the more companies will see the demand for them and we’ll see a shift that will eventually result in lower prices.
- Indie Lee Blemish Lotion — It really calms the inflammation, reduces the redness and is 100% natural and talc-free. Try not to shake the bottle. Just dip the q-tip into the sediment at the bottom and dab onto blemish.
- Orico Streetwise Organic Anti-Oxidant Natural Face Wash — I’m obsessed with this cult line of Organic skincare from London! At $21, it’s a steal considering it’s 100% natural and eco-certified. I love it because it really opens and cleans the pores while invigorating and waking up the complexion.
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask — This mask is heaven. I love treating my clients to it before a red carpet event as it’s like a facial in a jar! Also 100% natural with pomegranate enzymes to make pores look smaller as well as lemongrass and beet root extract to really moisturize.
- Seventh Generation Boosts Hydrating Serum — We trust this brand for laundry detergent and other natural cleaning products, so it was only natural (hee hee) for them to expand into skincare. I love this serum because it instantly hydrates, has no parabens or phthalates and is 99% USDA-certified biobased. I also love mixing it into foundation to make a tinted moisturizer.
- Tammy Fender Intensive Repair Balm — How do I begin to describe how incredible and revolutionary this product is? It’s made my acne scars smaller and made the redness around my nose and chin disappear. It tightens the skin and protects it from losing moisture. It’s truly a holistic healing machine and worth every penny.
- Tarte Maracuja Miracle 12-Hour Foundation — This is the only natural foundation that I’ve found that lasts for 12 hours without fading (uses beeswax instead of synthetic waxes to create a waterproof barrier) while really moisturizing the skin (Vitamins A & E) and radiating the complexion (Vitamin C).
- Jane Iredale Glow Time Mineral BB Cream — For those of you who love the convenience of combining a broad spectrum sunscreen, foundation, concealer and moisturizer in one, but want a natural mineral version, this is by far the best out there.
Don’t forget there’s a brilliant site called Good Guide that serves as a reference whenever you want to look up a product and see how good or bad it is for you. It even has a 0 – 12 rating system and breaks it down further to health, environment and society factors so look for products that are as high as possible if those are issues that matter to you.
Let us know your favorite natural skincare products in the comments below!