As you may know, the Teen Choice Awards were last Sunday. The radiant Nikki Reed went for full Boho beauty and here’s how I got the look:
- First, we added waves to Nikki’s hair for texture. To get waves, follow THIS.
- The night before, I pre-made a fishtail braid using an individual clip-in extension. I sewed it to a strip of elastic chord to create a braided headband that would match the golden brown tones in Nikki’s hair exactly.
- Next, I put the headband around her head and tied it together in the back at the bottom, securing all the way around with small brown bobby pins.
- I then tucked her hair up in to the headband in back until it created a texture-y chignon shape.
- Last I secured the tucked hair with large bobby pins to make sure it wouldn’t slide out of the headband. I let the pieces around the face fall out for softness and lightly sprayed all over with a medium holding hairspray so it would still move.
It’s literally one of the easiest updos and always a big hit! It’s AWESOME for short hair because you don’t need much length to tuck the hair into the back of the headband. (Spoiler alert: This is one of our short hair video tutorials coming up!) Always take a couple extra bobby pins with you when you go out just in case any pieces come loose.
Xx KristinTags: awards, boho, braided, chignon, fishtail, hair, hair do, kristin ess, lauren conrad, nikki reed, on that note, teen choice, the beauty department, thebeautydepartment.com, twilight, updo, wavy