We all want to avoid a make-up meltdown. Especially when a cute boy is around! There’s no excuse in the 21st century to have anything smear or run, or even come off on his shirt when you hug him hello. The other important rule of thumb in make-up for dates is less is more. Ask 10 guys how they think girls look the prettiest and 9 out of 10 will say they like us natural and not too made up. So here are a few tips to look and feel pretty, while not coming undone on a big date:
- Use a mascara that is soft and NOT starchy. You want your man to feel like he can pet your lashes. Kind of like the way we hate it when they use stiff, hard hair gel but like it when they use soft pomade that allows us to run our fingers through their hair. Don’t use a mascara that makes your lashes stiff and clumpy.
- Switch to a waterproof eyeliner. There are amazing waterproof liners out there now that are even smudgeable before they set, then stay put for hours. They come in pencil, gel liner and liquid forms.
- Skip eyeshadow. The liner and mascara are enough to define and bring out your eyes.
- Use a color-stay foundation that stays put (look for ones that say “lasting”); thin it out in the palm of your hand first then apply it with a pre-wettened sponge. Wait a few minutes then pat with a tissue to remove any excess that could come off on his shirt.
- Opt for a cheek stain on your cheeks then use a lip stain for a sheer hint of color that’s kiss proof. Once it’s dried, you can finish with a flavored lip balm if you really like him…
Then don’t worry about your make-up and have fun!
XO Amy NadineTags: amy nadine, beauty, blog, boyfriend, date, makeup, the beauty department, valentine